Senior Electrical Design Engineer – Birmingham
Senior Electrical Design Engineer – Building Services
My client is a multidisciplinary consultancy seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to deliver consultancy services to their current clients, on both UK based and overseas projects, based in their offices in Birmingham.
Their project portfolio is vast and work in most construction sectors and as a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead projects and design teams from concept to completion.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Internal General and Emergency Lighting Calculations
- External Lighting Systems
- General power design
- Containment Systems
- Fire Detection and Alarms (Incl. Voice Alarms)
- Security Design
- Lightning Protection Systems
- Facilities to comply with Approved Document M.
- Current wiring regulations and BS/EN Standards
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications and reports.
- Assist in project control and site supervision as required.
- Plan, organise and manage work packages or projects.
- Handling queries and giving sound advice both internally and to clients.
- Liaising with clients, focusing on client satisfaction.
- Deliver projects, or your contribution to projects, on time and within budget
- Comply with company’s standards and Quality Management System.
- Share knowledge and expertise.
The successful candidate will
- Be educated with a BEng/MEng in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- Be Working towards or achieved Chartered Status
- Have substantial post education experience
- Have knowledge and significant practical experience of Electrical Calculation Software such as Amtech, Dialux, Relux, Lighting Reality (Desirable) and NBS Create
My client offers a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Their contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact Charlie Weeks on 02393 876048 or