Are you a Senior Civil Structural Design engineer with experience working in the Rail sector?
Are you looking to join a company where your contribution matters?
A Senior Civil/Structural Engineer is needed for a permanent position based North West Kent.
My client is a leading engineering consultancy who is looking for a senior civil/structural engineer to support newly acquired Rail projects.
The role will involve designing lineside civils and structures and can be based in North West Kent.
There is potential for the role to be worked from home, however any successful candidate should be able to commute to the office should restrictions change - and the option to work in office is there.
If my client finds the right candidate, there would be potential to take them on immediately.
They are looking for candidates with 7 years' experience minimum.
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 17:00.
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures.
- To have and maintain a working knowledge of the rail industry particularly from a design background in civil engineering.
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes.
- Coordinating and ensuring the production of specification and drawings.
- To follow the GRIP or RIBA stages as required by the client and have strong project governance and relevant technical ability.
- Contribute to work winning and preparation of bid documents
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations, CAD and developing designs from first principles.
- Competitive pension contribution.
- 24 days holiday excluding bank holidays.
- Opportunities for career progression.
After 6 month probation:
- Health cash plan
- Income protection insurance
We Can Offer You
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities, and clients.
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation.
- Opportunity to lead civil/structural discipline on projects and overall project leadership.
- A collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.
- Opportunity to join an expanding business.
- Relevant HNC or degree.
- 7 years minimum post graduate experience.
- Previous CRE experience.
- Experience delivering designs for GRIP 2-5.
- Experience working within a rail civil's environment.
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
- Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Chartered or working towards.
- PTS Qualifications (Lapsed competency considered).
My client is able to take someone on immediately if they find the right candidate. Initial interview will be conducted via Videocall.
How to apply:
Email your CV in to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 023 938 760 68