Senior Bridge Engineer
Are you an experienced Bridge Engineer looking for a new contract opportunity?
The Senior Bridge Engineer will be responsible for the continued development of the client's long-term asset management strategy and works programmes.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer
- Managing team members carrying out the structural design and assessment for major maintenance, improvement or strengthening of existing structures and the design of new structures using current codes of practice and European standards
- Managing several structural maintenance/strengthening projects you will prepare and review Approval in Principle documents and detailed design packages in accordance with the Design manual for Roads and Bridges
- Preparing contract documents, procurement activities and contract administration and supervising other team members carrying out these activities
- Attending sites to check construction is being carried out in accordance with approved designs, drawings and specifications
- Working with others to resolve non-compliance issues you will be responsible for managing specialist consultants, reviewing and checking the output of the in-house team and specialist external consultants and recommend to the Structures Manager whether to sign off the outputs
- Carry out the technical approval process and review proposals submitted by third parties for new highway or open space structures, making recommendations to the Structures Manager on whether the proposals can be accepted.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email
£50 - 55 per hour
Jason Kohle MIRP CertRP
02393 876 006
4 days ago
Senior Bridge Engineer