Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Gloucestershire in the search for an experienced Planning Enforcement Officer to act as the main expert witness and attend the public Inquiry. This will be offered on a part-time basis (15hrs per week) on an initial 3-month basis.
This will be a short-term assignment for an expert witness to support with S.78 and S.174 enforcement appeal relating to: Demolition of existing buildings, Change of use of land, Heritage Impact, Flood Zone.
- To take sole lead on the Inquiry on behalf of the Council and liaise directly with the Councils Barrister
- To prepare the Proofs of evidence for the Public Inquiry
- To be the main Expert Witness (including flooding and heritage matters) and attend the public Inquiry and site visit, defending the S.78 and all grounds of the S.174 appeal
- Defend costs claim and/or make a costs claim
- To fill in and react to the Inquiry Timetable up to three weeks before the Inquiry starts
- To negotiate and agree the Statement of Common Ground
·Chartered membership of the RTPI
·Experience at Public Inquiry in respect of S.78 and S.174 appeals.
·Excellent verbal and written skills.
To apply for this role, it is essential that you have worked on similar cases. Essential selection criteria includes: Being a chartered member of the RTPI and experience at Public Inquiry in respect of S.78 and S.174 appeals.
The council are looking for candidates who will be able to hit the ground running and are offering flexible working hours. This is an immediate requirement so please get in contact as soon as possible if the above is of interest.
*Further detail available upon application*
Carrington West Pay Rate - £40 to £45per/hour (DOE)
Job Ref - 26888
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.