£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
Parking Services Officer
I am currently recruiting for a Parking Services Officer based in Caerphilly.
The Parking Services Officer will oversee the day-to-day management of the Civil Parking Enforcement team as well as the operation of 86 off-street public car parks (including 16 pay and display facilities).
The Parking Services Officer is responsible for
- Manage the income and maintenance budgets from the Council’s off-street parking facilities.
- Manage the cash collection service for the pay and display machines.
- Make decisions on Penalty Charge Notices and recommend when legal action should be taken against offenders as and when appropriate.
- Prepare written correspondence to respond to Penalty Charge Notice appeals as necessary.
- Oversee the issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices for littering and dog fouling offences as and when applicable.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in preparing and drafting annual Civil Parking Enforcement reports for Elected Members and regular highlight reports for Senior Managers on all aspects of the Parking Service.
- Assist the Principal Engineer to develop and manage a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) which will provide management information to ensure the Parking Services team are effective in achieving the overarching aims.
- Asset management, maintaining lines and signs, undertaking repairs and renewals.
- Provide support, guidance and advice to partner organisations involved in the delivery of the service, with specific relation to Civil Parking Enforcement activities.
- Assist with managing and ensuring that Civil Parking Enforcement / parking related Traffic Orders are progressed and made in liaison with the Traffic Management and Legal Terms.
- Appropriately deal with and respond to enquiries from members of the public, Councillors and external bodies.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email