Role: Mechanical Project Engineer - Water Projects
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 p/a plus package
My client is one of the UK's leading MEICA & Civil Engineering contractors within the Water sector and are looking for an Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis working on various water projects for their AMP7 contracts.
Sites are mainly across Cheshire, but you may be required to travel across the United Utilities area.
Candidates ideally must have United Utilities experience and understanding as well as a water background in a Mechanical Project Engineering position or similar.
This position will be completing the delivery of the project rather than the design.
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client's engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Cradle to Grave capability from a mechanical delivery standpoint
- Complete contract documentation
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, "As built" drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum HNC qualified in a mechanical engineering subject desirable.
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- SMSTS safety qualification and relevant CSCS card is desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £60,000 p/a
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.