£330.00 - £350.00 per hour
Highways and Streetworks Team Leader
We are currently assisting one of local authority clients in Essex to find an experience Highways and Streetworks Team Leader for a long term contract.
What the job is for:
To lead, manage and be accountable for a team of technical and administrative staff engaged in undertaking the management and maintenance of the highways network, including planned and special maintenance in accordance with the statutory obligations. You will also lead on Highways, streetworks, street lighting, implementation of capital projects, including the management of permits and licensing schemes in respect of the highways network.
What you will need to succeed:
- Support the Group Manager in working in partnership with other sectors, groups and departments to deliver excellence and to provide the planning, integration and delivery of services in a way that is response to customer and local needs and provides a link between the Council’s corporate aims and local action.
- Assist the Council’s Traffic Manager to discharge the Council’s statutory responsibility under the Traffic Management Act including advising the Corporate Director for Place, Head of Planning and Transport and the Group Managers on responsibilities and necessary actions.
- Contribute to and support the management of the Transport Asset Management Plan (TAMP) in line with National guidance and good practice.
- Ensure the efficient and effective preparation and progress of all capital and revenue project from inceptions to completion.
- Manage the streetworks and permits licensing functions on behalf of the Council.
- To be responsible for the delivery of a range of services within the team to ensure that all aspects of operational delivery provide a customer-focused, accessible and cost-efficient service.
- To support the Group Manager in ensuring that the delivery of services and the application of policy are delivered in a holistic and consistent way.
- To manage the programmes of work, project plans and consultants as needed to maximise cost effectiveness, value for money and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the implementation plans, policies and priorities are driven by the needs and aspirations of the public, by full and effective engagement with local residents, businesses and other users on activities which affect them.
- To ensure that service customer response targets are continuously met and improved upon.
What you will get in return:
Working at a fantastic location being paid a day rate of £330 -£350.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. Please call Phoebe Kingston at Carrington West on 02393 876043 for more information.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please select ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.