An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Highway Engineer to come and join a busy client in South Yorkshire.
The main duties of the Highway Engineer are:
- Feasibility study for highway schemes to provide cost effective solutions.
- Assessment and procurement of survey requirements that is required for the detailed design - traffic, geotechnical, topographical, drainage etc.
- Detailed design including pavement design, vertical and horizontal alignments.
- Liaising, programming and managing statutory undertaker's diversion works, to ensure that these works do not adversely affect the scheme programme.
- Preparation of Contract Documents for NEC and other contracts.
- Supervision of Contractors and Consultants, agreement of measurements and valuations and arrangement of payments.
What experience/skill sets you will need to succeed:
- Qualified to HNC in a Civil Engineering discipline
- Proven experience in delivering Highway/ Civil Engineering Contracts
- Technical knowledge related to highways.
- Aware of responsibilities under CDM Regulations and other relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Knowledge of the NEC Engineering and Construction Contract.
- Ability to work alone or to lead a project team
- Experience in the use of computers, Microsoft Office, Autocad and other bespoke packages used in highways design.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.