An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Highway Development Control Engineer to come and join a busy client in Cheshire.
The main duties of the Highway Development Control Engineer are:
- Assess and evaluate highway design and construction proposals to be implemented by developers.
- Evaluate proposed sustainable and other drainage and other drainage improvement schemes to be implemented by developers.
- Prepare and progress highway adoption, highway improvement and sustainable drainage infrastructure adoption agreements in connection with new developments from planning approval stage through to completion of construction, formal adoption and the maintenance of appropriate records.
- Supervise, inspect and arrange for certification of the construction of works implemented by developers to ensure compliance with planning and highway agreements and to current standards and specifications.
- Undertake surveys, investigations and safety audits and carry out analysis of data and results in connection with the service's programmes of work.
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare estimates, project plans, programmes and reports and assist in the preparation of service plans for submission to service management.
- Supervise scheme implementation/construction including contract administration, payments and settlement of accounts acting as Works Supervisor as required.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.