Role: Head of Health and Safety (Domestic Gas)
Salary: Up to £50k (depending on skillset and experience)
Additional: Car allowance £400 per month
Type: Permanent - Full-time
Are you an experienced Health & Safety Manager or Head of SHEQ looking for a new challenge?
Would a secure role within a well-established and forward-thinking firm appeal to you?
Well this might be the perfect role for you!
Our client are an industry leading specialist within the boiler and gas appliance sector as well as undertaking facilities managment. They have a great reputation regionally as one of the areas largest employers in the industry, and provide a high quality and well organised work environment. Specialising in installations and servicing of gas appliances, boilers and central heating systems, they work across domestic and commercial environments providing both planned and reactive solutions.
Due to continued company growth and a high volume of work, they are currently looking for an experienced Health & Safety professional to lead and develop their Health & Safety department. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a small team of advisors and reporting to and working closely with senior stakeholders within the business.
Applicants for this role will need to be based near Norwich and able to travel across East Anglia.
- Lead and support the ongoing development of safety management systems and develop new policies, procedures and monitoring and communication standards to ensure compliance with legal standards, risk reduction, best practice standards.
- To lead continuous improvement via the monitoring of incident, accident and near miss events.
- Oversee consistent delivery of an effective health and safety training regime.
- Manage the provision, support, maintenance, development, and the internal promotion of the quality systems to ISO9001 / ISO14001 standards.
- Establish robust contractor performance and monitoring programme
- Work closely with the Fleet & Facilities Manager and department to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented, and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines
- To act as the key point of contact and represent the business in meetings with a range of external parties, including but not limited to: Suppliers and Contractors, Customers, Local authorities, Enforcement Agencies, Trade Associations
What you'll get:
- Basic salary of up to £50,000 dependent on skills and experience
- Car allowance of £400 per month
- Full benefits package - including pension, sick pay and life insurance.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Fantastic working environment.
These positions are likely to move quickly, so if you are interested please apply with your CV or call Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.