Hardware Engineer - Energy
- Posted 21 April 2023
- Salary Market related
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineUtilities, Power & Telecoms
- Contact NameAsh Foroozandeh
Hardware Design Engineer - Energy
Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Are you an experienced hardware design engineer looking to join a leading power company?
My client is a leader in advanced system integration and has been for decades. Specializing in optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. The ideal candidate is a hardware engineer who can comfortably complete control panel/ hardware design. Someone who is keen to work on exciting projects in the power and energy industry.
The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design.
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing PLC's and LV distribution systems.
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft office word & excel.
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact and mentoring is required.
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation.
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV
- Worked previously in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of EMC practices
- Will hold or will be working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- MEng qualification
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Site experience (survey /install)
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience on project implementation
- Experienced in at least one of the following, Rockwell ( Control Logix), Siemens (PC7S, TIA Portal), Schneider (M580, M340)
- Experience of Motor Control Centres - Specification, procurement, installation etc
- Good understanding of BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
Additional Benefits Include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Life assurance policy
- Private health care
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice programme
- Mental health assistance programme
- Support in achieving professional engineer status (IEng, CEng) and professional memberships fees covered
Please contact me on 02394314784 or via email@example.com