Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in London in the search for a Planning Enforcement Officer for an initial 3-month contract (Then rolling).
MAIN DUTIES -
- To prepare written evidence in respect of planning and enforcement appeals and other related matters and to present evidence at public inquires, informal hearings and court hearings as required.
- To monitor breaches of planning control, planning obligations and agreements, and planning conditions.
- To investigate reported breaches of planning control, including changes of land use, gypsy incursions, works to protect trees, works to listed buildings, and breaches of advertising regulations having regard to agreed priorities.
- To obtain evidence and prepare statements for prosecutions, mindful of the provisions of relevant areas of law.
- To respond to complainants, lawyers, agents, Councillors and land owners regarding apparent breaches of planning control.
PERSON SPECIFICATION -
- Achieves performance objectives
- Delivers a high standard of service to customers and colleagues
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and approach to work
- Completes a range of planning work with minimal supervision.
- Produces clear and well written reports
- Provides sound advice to customers and colleagues on a wide range of planning matters proportionate with their experience
- Demonstrates a determination to provide a high quality service
- Represents the council at committees, public meetings, consultation events, and appeals
It would be beneficial to hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and have a Membership (or eligible for membership) of the RTPI.
Interviews are to be scheduled ASAP so please do not hesitate to get in touch if this post is of interest.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £35p/h
Job Ref - 37588
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email the below to highlight your interest:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.