£45 - 50 per hour
Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in London in the search for a Team Leader to join their Development Management team in the Town Planning department on an initial 6 month contract.
The main aim of this role is to lead the council’s Development Management function including responsibility for all stages of the planning process from pre-application to delivery.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- To lead on and provide professional and technical expertise on the determination of planning and related applications.
- To lead on negotiations to secure council objectives on infrastructure arrangements and delivery, through the appropriate use of Section 106 contributions and controls, alongside the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- To coordinate and oversee activities related to Neighbourhood Committees, and to attend other council committees, panels and meetings as required.
- To lead a team of senior officers and career grade professionals (and temporary resources brought in according to workload and funding availability), including the Data and Performance Officer
- Monitor and manage the performance of the Development Management team to ensure work meets defined outcomes and any relevant targets or deadlines that have been agreed.
- Builds strong working partnerships across the public, private and voluntary sectors to support better engagement to the planning process for those with an interest in development for the key sites and major developments within the borough
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post, as may be required from time to time.
The successful candidate must have significant experience in successfully assessing and advising on a variety of planning applications. You must hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and hold chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI),
This contract will last for an initial 6 period, however, this can be extended.
The council are looking for candidates who will be able to hit the ground running and are offering flexible working hours.
Carrington West Pay Rate – £45 to £50 per/hour
Job Ref – 20593
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat: