Civils Design Engineer (Nuclear) - Permanent - £65-70k (Depending on experience) plus Benefits and flexible working
Hinkley Point C - Design Office (Mechanical and HVAC)
EDF Energy's ambition is to construct and operate up to 2 new nuclear plants (pairs of EPRs) in UK at Hinkley Point C (HPC), in the Somerset.
The Joint Design Oﬃce (JDO) has been created to reinforce the HPC site-based engineering to quickly respond to engineering queries and problems coming from site construction, to deliver the schedule and to deliver an increased scope of work.
Reporting to the JDO team within the Review & Acceptance Branch, the post-holder will be a Civil or Generalist Engineer, contributing to the review and acceptance of engineering queries raised by the MEH Alliance installation Contractor or by Designers. This large installation contract covers the majority of MEH equipment and systems to be installed across the Plants (Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC).
The role will be primarily focused on the mechanical discipline, as well as disciplines and with the site Contractors (composed of main suppliers and sub-suppliers), Construction teams, Quality teams, Project Management teams, or Design teams (embedded within the JDO organisation on site, or in back office).
- Responding to General Queries, Non-Conformances, Change Request, and Exemption Requests originating from the Contractors on site, with the support of the Responsible Designer or site Experts when needed.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure the Nuclear Safety requirements are met.
- Contribute in the resolution and closure of Open Points.
- Assess technical risk and subsequently address this risk.
- Report operationally to an Engineering Lead.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience applying multi-disciplinary technical knowledge within the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of the construction / installation industry.
- Experience in the mechanical and welding engineering.
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders, particularly those in a site environment.
- Ability to work independently, be pro-active, report on and escalate relevant issues.