Annual Salary: Up to £30,000
Other: Company pension and life assurance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a large contractor working in a buoyant area of the Utilities market. They specialise in work within the water sector and have an excellent reputation for delivering work in a timely and professional manner.
They are currently looking for a Buyer to join their well-established procurement team and help deliver savings as well as driving change through innovation and collaboration with the supply chain.
- Day to day purchasing of materials, plant and services to meet the company operational needs, considering price, quality and delivery.
- Support the team with administrative duties as required.
- Resolve invoice queries.
- Tender support, preparation and analysis.
- Build strong relationships with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding any service issues and communicate these to the relevant project.
- Identify sustainable and innovative products/services through the supply chain.
- Attend supplier meetings as required.
- Maintenance of the supplier database and service level agreements
- Ensure compliance of purchasing function within the company policy and procedures and levels of authority.
- Prepare performance reports to the buying team as required.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of MS suites.
- Methodical, a good organiser, excellent attention to detail.
- Task completer, a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Excellent Influencing and Negotiation skills
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.