Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in London in their search for a Business Support Officer (Validations) to join their Planning, Transportation and Environment department. This will be offered on an initial 3-month contract (Then rolling).
We are looking for an experienced Validations Officer, with experience in using Uniform.
The Business Support Officer - Planning & Validations role pays particular focus to the following:
The Validation of all types of planning applications using Uniform (IDOX).
- determining the completeness of the application
- checking submissions against national and local checklists and relevant guidance
- checking the accuracy of the drawings
- plotting the site, running constraints and selecting neighbours with whom to consult
- checking the plans match the proposed description of works
- identifying and notifying statutory and non-statutory consultees in compliance with the Council's requirements
- production and issuing Invalid and Registration letters
- processing amendments
·Using Uniform (IDOX) to redact, upload and update all documents and relevant information relating to Planning Applications.
·Providing information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, agents and members of the public in respect of the planning application process.
·Provide responses to correspondence and telephone enquiries, complaints and e-mails within the Council's Corporate timescales.
·Liaison with officers in development management, planning policy and other departments.
The hiring manager is looking for someone who can start as soon as possible so please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £20per/hour (Negotiable DOE)
Job Ref - 25898
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.