Do you have experience in Business Change Management on large Infrastructure projects?
Are you looking to work on a career defining project that will be going on for the next 10 years?
This role is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a massive, high speed Rail project. The Business Change Manager (Training) will be ensuring that the needs of Systems Users in terms of education, guidance, coaching, issues resolution, daily support, and long-term needs are being met.
You will provide advice to several internal clients from Petition Management, Construction and Operations, Health and Safety, Environment, Finance as well as to the Department for Transport.
Rate: £600-£650 per day Umbrella, inside IR35
Where: Home/London. The role will be based in London; however, until further notice, the role will be working from home.
Time: 6 months +, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Flexible work hours, able to work around childcare and other family commitments.
This role will initially be 6 month contract however due to the complexity of the project, it is highly likely that this will get extended.
- For providing help, support and guidance to system users brought about through system and process change.
- Educating and guiding users, by considering their process roles, so they maximise system functionality.
- Ensuring user voices, needs and aspirations are heard and acted upon.
- Certifying system changes and amendments meet user expectations and needs.
- Identifying any systems, data and process change impacts on each other ensuring documentation, models, and training is updated accordingly
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years in Business Change Management roles.
- Experience working in large, fast paced infrastructure projects, ideally in the Rail sector.
- Knowledge of land acquisition processes.
- Provide help, support and guidance to system users brought about through system and process change.
My client will be conducting interviews via Teams.
How to Apply:
Send in your CV to me at Emily.email@example.com or call me at 023 9387 6068.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!