Do you have experience in Business Change Management on large Infrastructure projects?
Are you looking to work on a career defining project that will be going on for the next 10 years?
My client organisation is the largest infrastructure company in Europe. This role is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a massive, high speed Rail project.
This role is a fixed term contract that will come to an end on the 31st of March, 2021. The role will be based in London; however, until further notice, the role will be working from home.
The Business Change Manager will be ensuring that the needs of Systems Users in terms of education, guidance, coaching, issues resolution, daily support and long-term needs are being met.
Users are primarily within Land and Property but not exclusively. Predominantly as a project role within the Land and Property Continuous Improvement Programme, the Business Change Manager will advocate the needs of the users and the Directorate to ensure developments, enhancements and changes are rolled out and accepted and that user adoption is maximised.
You will provide advice to several internal clients from Petition Management, Construction and Operations, Health and Safety, Environment, Finance as well as to the Department for Transport.
What are the benefits?
- £600-£650 per day, inside IR35
- The opportunity to work from home
- Flexible work hours, able to work around childcare and other family commitments
What do you need to apply?
- Minimum 5 years in Business Change Management roles
- Experience working in large, fast paced infrastructure projects, ideally in the Rail sector
- Knowledge of land acquisition processes
- Provide help, support and guidance to system users brought about through system and process change
- For providing help, support and guidance to system users brought about through system and process change.
- Maintaining System Handbook's for core L&P systems.
- Educating and guiding users, by considering their process roles, so they maximise system functionality.
- Ensuring user voices, needs and aspirations are heard and acted upon.
- Certifying system changes and amendments meet user expectations and needs.
- Identifying any systems, data and process change impacts on each other ensuring documentation, models, and training is updated accordingly
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
My client is looking to interview candidates on the 6th and the 7th of October with a start date towards the end of October.
How to Apply:
Send in your CV to me at Emily.email@example.com or call me at 023 9387 6068.
This vacancy is closing Tuesday the 29th of September so I encourage any and all interested parties to apply immediately.