Our client are looking for Assistant Project Managers to safely deliver multi-disciplinary tasks/projects at . The successful candidate will provide support and assistance to the Project Manager in the development and implementation of projects that are included within the Nuclear Decommissioning Programme.
- Support project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of the Programme baseline.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
- Monitor internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and recommend remedial actions as appropriate.
- Produce/co-ordinate Project Documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, DMRs, works control documentation and project reports.
- Prepare handover documentation and support project handover.
- Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case.
- Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions.
- Liaise with works control centres to ensure timely supply of adequate resources both in the short and long term.
- Participate in site emergency exercises as required.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
- Manage staff as a Line Manager.
- Management of contractor SSOW and works control process.
- Management of contract via CEMAR.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience
- HND in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- 3 years Nuclear Industry experience
- 2 years contract management experience
- Understanding of specific types of works control processes.
- Experience in developing SSOW
- Hold current qualification in CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Good general safety awareness
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organise/co-ordinate staff/contract resources
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- A positive approach, self-motivated, assertive and ability to use initiative
- Awareness of contract types and structure and contractual process
- Good understanding of safety requirements and knowledge for both industrial and nuclear safety management
- Ability to carry out deputy Project Manager Duties
The role is offered on a1 year contract, paying up to £330 a day (Ltd) for candidates displaying the correct skills and experience.
If interested, please apply without delay or call Ryan on 02393876019 to discuss further.
Back to job search
£300 - 330 per day
02393 876 019
26 days ago